How Often Do I Change My Cabin Air Filter?
Cabin air filters tend to last for around 15,000 miles, or a little over one year. However, even if you know how often to change a cabin air filter, you could encounter conditions that cause your cabin air filter to expire early. That’s why it’s also important to know what a cabin air filter does! Find out how to recognize the signs of an expired cabin air filter and learn a little bit about cabin air filter costs with our parts department.
What Does a Cabin Air Filter Do?
You want the cabin of your Cadillac to be filled with clean, fresh air. Driving with the windows down is fun on occasion, but if you want to filter out pollen, dust, dirt, and other contaminants, you might be better off running the AC! That’s because every model in our lineup comes complete with a cabin air filter: a simple component that cleans the air passing into your interior.
So, what does a cabin air filter do? This part ensures that you can always breathe easy on your drives through Williamstown and Sicklerville.
How Do I Know When to Change a Cabin Air Filter?
If you know what a cabin air filter does, then you can make an educated guess as to when its best days have come and gone. The telltale signs of an expired cabin air filter include:
- Reduced airflow through your vents
- Increasing amounts of dust on interior surfaces
- Odors that stick around or remain trapped in your vehicle
Tips on How To Change a Cabin Air Filter
In most cases, cabin air filters cost less than $25. However, you can expect to spend more if you have yours installed by a professional. With that said, drivers who pick up a new OEM air filter at our parts department can often complete the task at home with little trouble! Here’s what you should know:
- Your owner’s manual will tell you where the cabin air filter is located. If it’s under the hood or behind the glovebox, you should be able to access it easily. If it’s under the dashboard, you’re looking at a more involved task.
- It’s a good idea to put on a mask and gloves before you try to remove the old cabin air filter. Put the old filter into a trash bag as soon as you’ve removed it; otherwise, you may end up sending dust and debris back into the air!
- Always choose genuine OEM Cadillac parts–even if you’re just replacing a cabin air filter. Choosing OEM parts ensures a perfect fit and finish, and it also protects your warranty.
Rely on Cadillac Of Turnersville for Certified Service and Genuine Parts
Whether you’re planning to replace a cabin air filter at home in Mullica Hill or you’d prefer to schedule service, we offer specials and coupons that can help you cut costs without cutting corners. If you’re interested in tackling another DIY car care task, don’t wait to check out our service tips and tricks!
More from Cadillac Of Turnersville
The Cadillac XT4 is a compact luxury SUV that offers a sophisticated and comfortable interior. Whether you’re driving around Turnersville or taking a long road trip, the XT4’s interior features will make your journey enjoyable and convenient. Let’s take a closer look inside the Cadillac XT4 and explore its interior features, dimensions, and color options,…
The 2023 Cadillac Escalade-V has finally arrived on Turnersville streets, and it is amazing. It’s loaded with features, brimming with power, and looks fantastic. And with the Cadillac Escalade-V price starting at just $79,795, it’s a real bargain for the value it offers. If you’ve been eagerly awaiting this SUV, keep reading to find out…
Are you in the market for the new Cadillac XT4 SUV? You have great taste. This car is sure to be the envy of any Turnersville neighborhood. But did you know that there are three Cadillac XT4 trim levels to choose from? How much does the Cadillac XT4 cost? We’ve put together the list below…