What Is the Difference Between Used and Certified Pre-Owned?
If you’re shopping for a used Cadillac in South Jersey, NJ, you’ve probably noticed that there are two types to choose from: pre-owned models and certified pre-owned models. So what’s the difference between used and certified pre-owned? While both fall into the “used” category, certified pre-owned (or CPO) vehicles must meet stricter requirements. Below, Cadillac of Turnersville outlines the difference between CPO vs. used vehicles to help you make the choice that’s right for you.
What to Know About Buying Used
When comparing CPO vs. used vehicles, the biggest difference is going to be the price. Used models are often more affordable than those classified as certified pre-owned. While CPO models must meet certain requirements, used vehicles can be any model year and have any number of previous owners.
The best choice for you really depends on what you need most every day in Mount Laurel, NJ. For instance, if your daily drives don’t normally take you beyond the Philadelphia, PA borders, then a well-maintained used Cadillac can provide you with reliable transportation for years to come. Here’s what to keep in mind while you search for a used model:
- Visit the dealership in person to inspect the vehicle you’re interested in.
- Discuss past repairs, current condition, and any other issues that arise to ensure that the vehicle is safe to drive and meets your needs.
- Properly maintained, used vehicles can last more than 200,000 miles.
What to Know About Buying CPO
Certified pre-owned vehicles are typically newer and come with lower mileage than other used models — so you can expect like-new reliability at a lower price! Every Cadillac CPO vehicle must meet specific requirements and pass a thorough 172-point inspection by Cadillac technicians. All Cadillac CPO vehicles must:
- Have a maximum mileage of less than 50,000 miles.
- Have no more than one previous owner.
- Pass a 172-point inspection to receive a dealer certification.
Buying a new-to-you CPO vehicle in Turnersville means that you can still enjoy the latest connectivity features, safety systems, and everyday conveniences — all while paying less than you would for a new model. Browse our extensive inventory to find a Cadillac CPO model to match your needs and budget!
Cadillac CPO Program Coverage
A major perk of CPO vehicles is warranty coverage. The basic Cadillac warranty covers you for 4 years/50,000 miles bumper-to-bumper, and this coverage continues uninterrupted if and when you purchase a certified pre-owned model! Additionally, each CPO Cadillac receives a 1-year Unlimited Mile Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty, which covers you after that initial warranty expires. Other benefits include:
- Courtesy transportation during warrantable repairs
- Three-month trial of SiriusXM® radio
- 6,000 points toward My Cadillac Rewards
- Nationwide Cadillac Certified Service
- 24-Hour Cadillac Roadside Assistance for the entire duration of your warranty
Shop Used and CPO Cadillac Models in Turnersville
Browse our inventory online to find the used or CPO Cadillac that’s right for you, and then schedule a test drive to get behind the wheel. If you have any further questions about used vs. CPO vehicles or valuing your trade-in, our team is standing by to help! Contact us today to get started.