What Is Good Mileage on A Used Car?
There are a lot of used cars on the Turnersville market to choose from, with cars and SUVs from outstanding brands available to enhance your commute. But with such a variety available, what is good mileage on a used car? Cadillac Of Turnersville covers what to know about good mileage for a used car below, so South Jersey, NJ-area drivers can make an informed decision.
What is Good Mileage on a Used Car?: Factors to Consider
When a used car has high mileage, it can result in complications and expensive repairs. This is why there’s a general recommendation to get a car under 100,000 miles. But checking the odometer can’t tell you everything about a car. In many cases, the age of a car is another factor.
Here’s what you should keep in mind when you’re determining what counts as good mileage for a used car:
- Mileage versus Age: In most cases, drivers put somewhere between 10,000 and 12,000 miles on their vehicles per year. This means that a 2-year old car with 30,000 miles on it is most likely in rougher shape than a 4-year old car with 35,000 miles on it.
- Maintenance History: When you’re getting a used vehicle, it’s important to check out its maintenance history. Look for a car that has received regular service or choose aCPO model for peace of mind.
- Manufacture Date: With all the recent updates to engineering technology, many recent models can operate very well even with 100,000 miles on them. Make sure to take this in account, because it can affect the definition of good mileage for a used car.
Good Mileage for a Used Car: Other Things to Research
Getting a new car to help your Mount Laurel, NJ and Philadelphia, PA drivers is a big step, so there’s more than just pure mileage to take into consideration. Don’t just ask, “What is good mileage on a used car,” but also:
- What Do the Reviews Say?: When experts rate vehicles, they often review any given car’s reliability. Make sure to read the reviews to find which models will be best when you buy them used.
- What is the vehicle’s history?: You’ll want to know if your car has been in any previous accidents or has undergone parts replacements. These factors can affect the value and longevity of a car.
- Where was the vehicle driven?: Rough climates, steep hills, and extreme temperatures all wear down the equipment in a vehicle. Ask about how the vehicle you want to buy was used.
Test Drive a Used Car at Cadillac Of Turnersville
Cadillac Of Turnersville has a used car for almost any need a Turnersville driver could have, along with numerous pre-owned specials that could help you save. Contact us today to test drive one of our used vehicles!