How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Many Mullica Hill drivers want to know how to sell a car to a dealership, and it isn’t hard to see why. Selling or trading in a car at a dealership is much easier than selling a car independently. At Cadillac Of Turnersville, we are happy to provide you with the need-to-know information and help you sell your vehicle with confidence.
If you are looking to sell your car, truck, or SUV with the hopes of buying a new form of transportation, then look at our new and pre-owned inventories today. Contact us to set up an appointment!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? Here’s what you can do to simplify and streamline the process:
- Clean Up Your Car: You can increase the value of your vehicle by having it detailed and washed. Fixing small parts, like windshield wipers and floor mats, can also be helpful.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Before selling your car to the dealership, be sure to write down the benefits of your vehicle. Include things like maintenance history, additional features, or any accessories that the car offers.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Have proof of ownership by bringing the vehicle’s title with you to the dealership.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Look into the value of your vehicle by using tools on trusted websites such as Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, and more. You can use our trade-in value estimation tool to help with your negotiation.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: Not all dealerships are the same. Therefore, you need to research a bit more about the dealerships closest to you in Sicklerville. Find out their trade-in options for new and used vehicles.
What to Expect
Here is what to expect after you have prepared your car and are ready to sell it to a dealership:
- Make an Appointment: Give the dealership a heads up by booking an appointment. It is better for the Salesperson or Used Car Manager to prepare and set aside time to process the sale.
- Who You Will Meet With: Typically, you will meet with a Salesperson or the Used Car Manager. They will collect your information and run a vehicle history report before the inspection.
- Inspection: Your vehicle will be inspected by either the Used Car Manager or a technician at the dealership’s service center. There, they inspect the condition of the mechanical parts.
- Consider the Offer: You can accept the offer the dealership provides, negotiate, or reject the price and see if another Williamstown dealership offers a better offer.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
There are plenty of benefits when you see your car at a dealership, they are:
- Save Time and Avoid Hassles: Sell your vehicle faster by choosing to sell your car at a dealership. You can skip the private sale, which can be a hassle when you need to list your car online, feel out potential buyers, bring strangers into your home, and so on.
- Lower Your New Car Price: You can put forth the money you obtain from selling your car to the dealership towards a newer car. This can have a dramatic impact on your payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you apply a trade-in value of your current vehicle to a new car you only pay the sales taxes on the difference between the price tags of the two vehicles.
Sell Your Car to Cadillac Of Turnersville!
Now that you know how to sell a car at a dealership, we hope you choose us. At Cadillac Of Turnersville, our team dedicates their days to serve our community. Our finance department is here to help you buy or lease a vehicle after selling your car, truck, or SUV to our team. Take advantage of our new vehicle specials to save even more!
More from Cadillac Of Turnersville
The 2021 Cadillac XT4 can tow up to 3,500 pounds—and yes, you read that correctly! Even though the XT4 is technically classed as a subcompact luxury SUV, its standard 2.0L four-cylinder engine has all the power you’ll need to tackle tough jobs and weekend adventures in Williamstown and Sicklerville. Find out how to make…
The 2022 Cadillac XT5 price list starts at $43,995 MSRP, and the top-level trim is priced at just over $55,000. Although you’ll have a range of options and packages to consider at every trim level, understanding the basics of the Cadillac XT5 price range can help you plan your next steps and take your test…
Cabin air filters tend to last for around 15,000 miles, or a little over one year. However, even if you know how often to change a cabin air filter, you could encounter conditions that cause your cabin air filter to expire early. That’s why it’s also important to know what a cabin air filter does!…