How To Replace The Battery In A Cadillac Key Fob
There are a couple of different Cadillac key fobs on the roads near South Jersey, NJ and Mount Laurel, NJ today, but at some point in time, every Cadillac key fob battery will need to be replaced! Whether you drive a new Cadillac from 2020 or you’re currently behind the wheel of a slightly older model, read on to find everything you need to know to replace the battery yourself.
Cadillac Key Fob Battery Replacement: 2014 and After
A new version of the Cadillac key fob was introduced with the CT5 for 2020. Although it offers a unique design, the fob is in large part similar to that which was introduced in 2014. If you drive a model that was manufactured during or after that model year, you can take care of your Cadillac key fob battery replacement by following these steps:
- Look for a small release button on the side of the Cadillac key fob case. Press it to remove the metal emergency key.
- Removing the key will expose a small opening. Insert a small flathead screwdriver into that opening, and carefully separate the two sides of the case.
- The circuit board will be on one side of the fob, while the battery is on the other.
- Pop the old battery up from its place, using your screwdriver if necessary.
- Like almost all modern fobs, the Cadillac key requires a CR2032 battery. Place the new battery in its place with the positive side facing down.
- Clip the Cadillac key fob battery case back together, and you’re ready to go!
The CR2032 battery that you require can be picked up at any location where similar parts are sold. If you’re in the area, stop by our Turnersville parts department and find exactly what you need.
Cadillac Key Fob Replacement
If you’re experiencing problems with your Cadillac key fob on your drives through Philadelphia, PA, trying to replace the Cadillac key fob battery is always a smart first step. (That goes double if you find that the fob works up close, but fails farther away.) However, in some cases, an issue with the key fob itself may occur.
In such an event, Cadillac key fob battery replacement won’t help you! Our service and parts experts can help you out with Cadillac key fob replacement instead, and if we don’t have what you need in-store, we’ll order one as soon as you request it. Make an appointment today, or give us a call to ask any questions on your mind.
Our Experts Have You Covered
Whether you’re curious about the features of the Cadillac key fob or you’re in the market for a new Cadillac of your own, our team is here to help! If you’re interested in tackling more DIY service tasks at home, don’t wait to explore our helpful tips and tricks.