What Does CTS Stand For In Cadillac CTS?
In the Cadillac lineup, “CTS” stands for Catera Touring Sedan. The name is a nod to the Cadillac Catera, a luxury sedan that was sold from 1996 to 2001. Now you’ve got the basics—but what does CTS stand for in the minds of Williamstown drivers? If you want to learn more about the meaning behind the name of the Cadillac CTS and find out what features this model provides, take a moment to get familiar with the Catera Touring Sedan’s history today!
CADILLAC CTS HISTORY
The Cadillac CTS was first introduced in 2002 as a 2003 model. It ended its run in 2019, although you can still find many used Cadillac CTS models in our pre-owned inventory. We can even help you compare the Cadillac CTS vs. XTS if you’re trying to make a decision!
Eager to learn more? The history of the Cadillac CTS paints a memorable picture:
- In the time between 2003 and 2019, the CTS went through three generations. Each version would earn plenty of praise from devoted drivers near Mount Laurel, NJ and Philadelphia, PA.
- What does the “V” stand for in Cadillac CTS-V? V is short for “Victory,” the name of the Cadillac brand’s high-performance division.
- Notably, the CTS was the first Cadillac to offer a manual transmission since 1988. In this respect, it lives up to the standard set by the Cadillac Catera, a model that was introduced to bring more fun to the Cadillac lineup.
- Did you know that the name “Catera” was also given to a character in the celebrated TV drama Chicago Hope? Producer John Tinker heard the Catera commercials and adapted the tagline “Lease a Catera” to his purposes. Cadillac loved the resulting character, Dr. Lisa Catera , so they awarded the producer with a complimentary three-year Catera lease! It’s this kind of fun-loving spirit that brought the CTS to life a few years later!
- In the third and final generation, the model was only available with 6- and 8-speed automatic transmissions. However, the older models can be found with the original manual transmission if you’re interested in the classic first generation model.
- The most recently-produced CTS models include the luxury materials that South Jersey, NJ-area drivers expect from a Cadillac, as well new Cadillac technology such as the Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment center. Naturally, the third-generation CTS also offered more powerful engine options.
CADILLAC CTS HIGHLIGHTED FEATURES
Are you searching for a pre-owned Cadillac CTS in our pre-owned inventory? You should know that this model provides drivers with comfortable 20-way power adjustable performance front seating, a stylish exterior, and a powerful performance you’ve been looking for from the available 355 hp, 3.6L V6. Other new Cadillac CTS highlights include:
- Automatic Stop/Start
- Driver Selectable Modes
- High-gloss Sapele wood trim
- Bose® Premium Audio System
- Wireless Device Charging
- Traction Control
- Automatic Heated and Ventilated Seats (available on higher trims)
- And more!
If you want a bit more out of your new Cadillac, you’ll want to opt for the highest Cadillac CTS trim level or the Cadillac CTS-V. These trim offers plenty of technology upgrades, luxury materials, and other interior conveniences to take advantage of. Learn more about each trim level when you visit Cadillac of Turnersville for a test drive.
Although the Cadillac CTS is only available as a sedan, you may not want to stop your search here. Compare Cadillac sedans vs. coupes to learn more about your options.
TEST DRIVE THE CADILLAC CTS AT CADILLAC OF TURNERSVILLE TODAY!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our new and used vehicle specials for additional savings. If you have questions, want to learn more about our models or services, or to compare our models to the competition, get in touch with Cadillac Of Turnersville, your local Cadillac retailer, today!