2020 Cadillac XT5 Towing Capacity
Can you tow with a Cadillac XT5? Yes! While towing with the base model is not recommended, a few upgrades will put you in a much stronger position. When you opt for the available Cadillac XT5 towing package, the 2020 Cadillac XT5 towing capacity tops out at an impressive 3,500 pounds. That’s more than enough to power a range of exciting adventures near South Jersey, NJ and Mount Laurel, NJ, and it’s just one of the reasons that more and more drivers are trading up for this one-of-a-kind Cadillac SUV. Take a closer look at its towing and performance specs below, and learn more about the features that set it apart!
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR CADILLAC XT5 ENGINE
The 2020 Cadillac XT5 comes standard with 2.0L I4 engine with 237 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is optional. With this engine, your maximum XT5 towing capacity will only be 1,000 pounds, so adventurous drivers will definitely want to consider an upgrade.
Drivers who plan on doing much towing would be wise to opt for the Cadillac XT5 Sport. It includes Sport Control All-Wheel Drive and a 3.6L V6 as standard, so you can easily tow up to 3,500 pounds with the proper equipment. Of course, in order to take full advantage of the Cadillac XT5 AWD towing capacity, you’ll need to opt for the towing package, too. With AWD, the tow package, 310 hp, and 270 lb-ft of torque, you’ll never have trouble getting the ball rolling! Comparing the Cadillac XT5 vs. Lexus RX 350, you’ll see that this engine gives our model a significant edge.
SAFER TOWING WITH THE XT5 PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY FEATURES
Every Cadillac XT5 includes a variety of useful and innovative performance features, so you can tow with confidence no matter what challenges lie in your path. When we introduced you to the 2019 XT5 towing capacity last year, we highlighted advanced technologies like StabiliTrak and Real-Time Damping. They return in this year’s model, accompanied by an expanded array of safety tech:
- StabiliTrak – StabiliTrak makes it easier to maintain your grip, even with heavy cargo, and even when the roads are working against you. Torque and braking power adapt automatically to changing conditions.
- Real-Time Damping – When you’re towing thousands of pounds, bumpy, unstable roads are more than a minor inconvenience. Real-Time Damping adjusts your suspension every two milliseconds, so ensure a smoother, less distracting ride.
- Driver Assistance Technology – Automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection, lane keep assist, and lane departure warning are standard across the lineup. You can upgrade your XT5 with a blind spot monitor, a surround-view camera, and much more.
- 9-Speed AT – Where the 2019 model offered an 8-speed automatic transmission, the refreshed XT5 delivers a more adaptable 9-speed automatic transmission.
What’s included with the Cadillac XT5 towing package? When you build or configure your own XT5, you’ll want to select the 3,500-pound hitch ball. It’s listed under accessories. Make sure to talk with an expert about your aims and towing needs, and reference your trailering guide, too! That way, you can be absolutely certain that your XT5 has what it takes to power bigger adventures.
CADILLAC XT5 PAYLOAD LIMITS AND CARGO SPACE
Of course, you won’t always need to hook up a trailer when you’re interested in moving heavier or bulkier cargo. Here’s a closer look at your capacities:
- Behind the Rear Seats – 30.2 cubic feet
- With Rear Seats Folded – 64 cubic feet
Depending on the options you select, your maximum XT5 payload limit will vary from 1,663 to 2,086 pounds. You’ll also have the option to add an available Cargo Management System, which allows you to accommodate and travel securely with a wider range of cargo. Additional packages allow you to add roof rails and other cargo transport solutions as well.